Task 1 and Task 2 should be completed by class time on April 6th. Bring the TP-CASTT analyses to class
You will be working with the two poems and the one selection from the play Othello located in the "A Diagnostic Test" packet. These poems go along with questions 1-11, 23-33, and 34-44.
For each poem/play selection:
a) Repeat the process we went through on Friday:
- Do an initial reading of the poem. Record your thoughts in the margins.
- Read again, this time complete a TP-CASTT analysis.
- Put it all together!
b) Answer (or stumble your way through!) each of the questions associated with each poem.
Rank your answers from your #1 answer to #5 answer. Also, indicate if you are guessing. You can do this right on the text.
c) Finally, reflect on one of the three in a blog post.
1) Write about your experience was like reading it the first time (what was the initial experience like) and then the second time around (what changed, if anything.)
2) Write about answering the questions, speaking to patterns: what kinds of questions were not so hard for you? What kinds of questions do you feel like you need more instruction about?
1) Choose a poem from one of the poets on this list:
2) Using this poem, complete TASK 1 a) and c)